Alumni Relations Office (CARO) and University Development Office (CUDO)
Use of the site
You may use the site only for lawful purposes. You must not use the site
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation (including applicable law in the UK and the law of the country from which postings are made);
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material that does not comply with the Content Standards (see below);
- to transmit or procure the sending of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, programs or files designed to destroy, interrupt or limit the functionality of any computer, computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the site (‘contributions’) and to any interactive services or features associated with it, such as blogs, chatrooms, bulletin boards and wikis.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- be made only with consent; (a) where third party copyright materials are included (literary works, photographs or other artistic works, dramatic works, musical works, sound recordings, films or broadcasts etc) (b) from all identifiable persons in any images, video film, sound recordings etc (including parental/legal guardian consent for those under 16 and for those who are vulnerable adults).
Contributions must not:
- infringe copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- contain any material that may offend, provoke or attack other contributors to or users of the site;
- contain any material that is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material that is obscene, offensive, abusive or hateful;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence or describe or encourage activities that could endanger the safety or wellbeing of others;
- promote discrimination of the basis of race, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, age or otherwise;
- infringe any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of any person or organisation;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act or illegal activity;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- be threatening, harass, abuse or invade another’s privacy or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person;
- be used to impersonate any person or to misrepresent the contributor’s identity or affiliation with any person or organisation;
- contain any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, programs or files designed to destroy, interrupt or limit the functionality of any computer, computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.